Bourtange is one of the most beautiful fortified towns/villages of The Netherlands. It is located in the province of Groningen and borders with Germany. If you’re walking through the town of Bourtange you will go back to the 16th century. The town never got city rights, so you cannot call it a city. Even though most fortified towns are cities in The Netherlands, Bourtange is an exception.
Here you will find the best things to do, where to stay and where to eat in Bourtange and surroundings. Have a look below to see which articles are written so far.
- Minimalist backpack: The 16 best backpacks for women and men
- Dutch cuisine: 58 x Typical Dutch food to eat in The Netherlands & Amsterdam
- 52 Things to know before your first solo trip to The Netherlands | Local tips
- Packing list The Netherlands & Amsterdam for women: Recommended by a local
- The best things to do in Naarden, The Netherlands, and its fortress